Backend & Encryption
Ellum Audio uses the backend sever powered by Shopify that secures your personal information with up-to-date firewall and encryption during the purchasing process. Any personal information given to Ellum Audio will be protected.Depending on how you choose to interact with Ellum Audio, we may collect personal information from you, for example, your name, e-mail address, billing address, shipping address, phone number, credit card or payment method information, date of birth and other persistent indetifiers that can be used to personally identify you. We may also collect other personal information regarding your interaction with Ellum Audio's websites, devices and apps, including usage information, the items that you browse, purchase, download, read, watch and otherwise access, and your geographic location.
How do we collect your personal information
a. Information that you provide to us
However there are a number of circumstances in which you may need to provide us with your personal information.
The most common of these circumstances include :
- Making a purchase or placing an order
- Creating an account
- Using Ellum Audio's store or website
- Contacting customer service
- Entering a contest
- Interacting with social networking sites
- Signing up for promotional communications
b. Categories of personal information we collect
This included identifying information like names, emails, phone numbers, shipping/billing/physical addresses, online identifiers you share in a public forum (like your social media handles) or nicknames.
c. How we collect this information
- Directly from when you register an account on our website, sign up for emails or order products from us online
- From third parties
- From technologies (such as the artificial intelligence that fuels our chatbot)
- To verify your identity and for fraud prevention
- To contact you, for example to send you relationship, transactional and commercial communications and other marketing and advertising (subject to choices you may make to opt out)
Advertising and Analytics
We use online advertising to keep you aware of what we’re up to and to help you see and find our products.
You may see Ellum Audio banners and ads when you are on other websites and apps, such as Social Media. We manage this through a variety of digital marketing networks and ad exchanges. We also use a range of advertising technologies.
The banners and ads you see are based on information we hold about you, or your previous use of Ellum Audio (for example, your Ellum Audio search history, and the content you read on Ellum Audio) or on Ellum Audio banners or ads you have previously clicked on.
For more information on our use of advertising technologies and Cookies, please see our cookie notice below.
What are Cookies used for?
Cookies are used with our marketing partner to present you with appropriate offers and advertising as you browse other sites on the internet, base on your browsing activity while on our site. Cookies also allow us to work alongside our web analytics partner, Google Analytics, to see how you like to use our website, which pages or special functions you prefer and help us to make them better. We may match the data we capture through cookies with personal data that we already hold about you to better understand you. This helps us to continually improve the relevance of our promotional communications, your shopping experience and our products and services. The main purposes for which cookies are used are:
- For functional purposes essential to effective operation of our websites, particularly in relation to online transactions, site navigation and preferences.
- For marketing and advertising, particularly web banner advertisements and targeted updates through digital channels and social media.
- To enable us to collect information about your bowling and shopping behaviour helping us to improve your shopping experience and to monitor performance.
Sharing your information
We do not, and will not, sell any of your personal data to any third party - including your name, address or credit card /bank account information.
However, we share your data with the following categories of companies as an essential part of being able to provide our services to you:
- Companies that do things to get your purchases to you, such as payment service providers, warehouses, order packers, and delivery companies
- Professional service providers, such as marketing agencies, advertising partners and website hosts, who help us run our business
- Affiliates who help us reach out to potential new customers or promoter our products on their websites
- Credit reference agencies, late enforcement and fraud prevention agencies, so we can help tackle fraud
You have the following rights in relation to your personal data:
- The right to be informed about how your personal data is being used.
- The right to request access to personal data we hold about you
- The right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we gold about you.
- The right to object to processing of your personal data and/or to withdraw any consent you have given us and to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you.
- The right to restrict processing of your personal data.
- The right to object to certain automated decision-making processes using your personal data including profiling.
- The right to request that we erase your personal data in certain circumstances (the right to be forgotten) for example when the data are no longer necessary for the purpose for which we collected them.